Following the inaugural council meeting on 15 November 2021 and it’s continuation on 23 November the Executive Mayor Adv. Gesie van Deventer announced her new Mayoral Committee (Mayco) for Stellenbosch Municipality.
Mayor Van Deventer said, “After an extensive consultation process, I am confident that the Mayco announced today will deliver and get things done. The Mayco plays an important role in ensuring that we achieve our goals and deliver services to all residents. This team has several new and young faces with a few familiar names to provide continuity and institutional memory. In these exciting times in politics, we see more and more young people being elected to senior positions. My hope is that this will in turn, motivate the youth of Stellenbosch to get involved in their communities and play an important role in shaping their futures. As an experienced third-term Mayor, it’s my privilege to bring young people on board.”
“The Mayco consists of councillors appointed by the Executive Mayor in terms of section 60(1) of the Municipal Structures Act. This team has been chosen for their combination of experience, new ideas, skills, and commitment to serving residents. The mix of experience with new Mayco members has led to a diverse skillset and many talents that will be to the benefit of all our communities,” the mayor continued.
All members of the Mayco will undergo lifestyle audits and will sign performance agreements.
The Mayco is as follows:
- Deputy Mayor and Human Settlements Cllr. Jeremy Fasser
- Infrastructure Cllr. Zelda Dalling
- Corporate Services Cllr. Lwando Nkamisa
- Community Development (Parks, Open Spaces, Environment) Cllr. Joseph Joon
- Youth, Sport and Culture Cllr. Ralphton Adams
- Financial Services Cllr. Peter Johnson
- Local Economic Development and Tourism Cllr. Rozette du Toit
- Planning Cllr. Carli van Wyk
- Protection Services Cllr. Rikus Badenhorst
- Rural Management Cllr. James Williams
Text: Editorial Desk | Images: Stellenbosch Municipality